What are web cookies?
Although this Notice refers to the general term “cookie”, which is the main method used by our website to store information, the browser’s local storage space is also used for the same purpose and we may use other tracking technologies through this website such as web beacons. As a result, the information included in this Notice is likewise applicable to all such tracking technologies that we use.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
To let you do things on our website – for example, cookies enable you to log in to secure areas of our website, fill in application forms or view content.
To collect anonymous statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it is really useful to see which pages of the website – and therefore which of our services – are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
To improve your experience of our website – for example, to prevent you having to re-enter details when you have already done so, or by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
To ensure that our website is secure – for example, to make sure that personal information that you give to us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- To provide you with information and content which we think is relevant to you – for example, to work with our partners to serve you with targeted advertising.
The below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
Cookie: Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our websites. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the sites, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google and to edit your settings: https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- _ga - Used to distinguish users. Duration: 2 years.
- _gid - Used to distinguish users. Duration: 24 hours.
- _gat - Used to throttle request rate. Duration: 24 hours.
- AMP_TOKEN - Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Duration: 24 hours.
- _gac_UA-5942152 - This contains campaign related information for the user. If an organisation linked Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out. Duration: 90 days.
- _hjDonePolls - This cookie is set once a visitor completes a poll using the Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the same poll does not re-appear if it has already been filled in. Duration: 6 months
- _hjClosedSurveyInvites - This cookie is set once a visitor interacts with a Survey invitation modal popup. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not re-appear if it has already been shown. Duration: 365 days
- _hjDoneTestersWidgets Hotjar - This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in. Duration: 365 days
- _hjMinimizedPolls - This cookie is set once a visitor minimises a Feedback Poll widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimises when the visitor navigates through your site. Duration: 6 months
- _hjDoneTestersWidgets - This cookie is set once a visitor submits their information in the Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the same form does not re-appear if it has already been filled in. Duration: 365 days
- _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets - This cookie is set once a visitor minimises a Recruit User Testers widget. It is used to ensure that the widget stays minimises when the visitor navigates through your site. Duration: 365 days
- _hjIncludedInSample - This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels. Duration: 365 days
Provider: IBM Campaign Automation
These cookies track a user's journey through the site from an email. Click here for an overview of privacy at IBM: https://www.ibm.com/privacy/details/uk/en/
- com.silverpop.iMAWebCookie - Visitor key assigned by Engage. Duration: Up to 1000 days
These cookies are used to test changes to the website and ensure that web visitors get the website experience most relevant to them. It is also used to report on the successful donations. Click here for an overview of privacy at Optimizely or opt out: https://www.optimizely.com/legal/opt-out/.
- optimizelyBuckets - Records the Optimizely Classic variation that the visitor has seen for each experiment. This allows us to deliver a consistent experience on successive page loads. Duration: 3657 days (10 years 2 days)
- optimizelyEndUserID - Stores a visitor's unique Optimizely identifier. No other information about you or your visitors is stored inside. Duration: 3657 days
- optimizelySegments - Persists thevisitor's Optimizely Classic segments: browser, campaign, mobile, source type, and any custom dimensions that you may have configured. This allows us to ensure persistence of segment membership, which improves the accuracy of segmented results. Duration: 3657 days
Cookie: Facebook pixel
Provider: Facebook Inc.
Cookie: Snapchat pixel
Provider: Snap Inc.
Cookie: Twitter pixel
- _atssc - This cookie is used for Facebook integration. Duration: 2 years.
- _atuvc - This cookie is used for Twitter integration. Duration: 2 years.
These cookies are used by Rescue-uk.org to function correctly for users.
- Drupal.tableDrag.showWeight - This cookie determines whether a numeric weight is shown when a table is dragged. Duration: 365 days.
- SSESS - This cookie stores the session ID of an authenticated user to provide them a better user experience. Duration: 4 hours.
Provider: Cloudflare, Inc.
Cloudflare, Inc. is a U.S. company that provides content delivery network services, DDoS mitigation, Internet security and distributed domain name server services: https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy
- _cfduid - Used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. Duration: 6 months.
IRC also uses some cookies which are strictly necessary in order for you to use our services available on our website.
Provider: Salesforce Pardot
These cookies track a user's journey through the site from an email. Click here for an overview of privacy at https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/full_privacy/
Duration: 12 months
- visitor_id<accountid> The visitor cookie includes a unique visitor ID and the unique identifier for your account. For example, the cookie name visitor_id12345 stores the visitor ID 1010101010. The account identifier, 12345, makes sure that the visitor is tracked on the correct Pardot account. The visitor value is the visitor_id in your Pardot account. This cookie is set for visitors by the Pardot tracking code.
- pi_opt_in<accountid> If Tracking Opt-in preferences is enabled, the pi_opt_in cookie is set with a true or false value when the visitor opts in or out of tracking. If a visitor opts in, the value is set to true, and the visitor is cookied and tracked. If the visitor opts out or ignores the opt-in banner, the opt-in cookie value is set to false. The visitor cookie is disabled, and the visitor is not tracked.
- visitor_id<accountid>-hash The visitor hash cookie contains the account ID and stores a unique hash. For example, the cookie name visitor_id12345-hash stores the hash “855c3697d9979e78ac404c4ba2c66533”, and the account ID is 12345. This cookie is a security measure to make sure that a malicious user can’t fake a visitor from Pardot and access corresponding prospect information.
- lpv<accountid> This LPV cookie is set to keep Pardot from tracking multiple page views on a single asset over a 30-minute session. For example, if a visitor reloads a landing page several times over a 30-minute period, this cookie keeps each reload from being tracked as a page view.
pardot A session cookie named pardot is set in your browser while you’re logged in to Pardot as a user or when a visitor accesses a form, landing page, or page with Pardot tracking code. The cookie denotes an active session and isn’t used for tracking.
Website cookie acceptance
You may opt-out of Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
More information about online advertising
In addition, there is software available which enables you to use settings that allow to you choose which cookies are set on your computer or mobile device, such as the Ghostery app.
Updating this Notice